Keep your existing number - port to us for FREE!
If you have a number with another provider then port it to us FREE with ZERO monthly rental
We can port numbers in from most UK providers
Just raise a support ticket, selecting the option to port a number in, and we will do the rest
Porting numbers in typically takes around 14 days
Start your FREE trial here
999 Registration details for UK based customers
When using VoIP you need to register your address for 999 services. This information is sent directly to the UK 999 emergency services and used in the case that you dial 999. This information can be edited later via the portal but address registration is mandatory to comply with Ofcom regulations
Set up your customer portal login details:
Often called virtual local numbers, STD area codes or geographic numbers, Number People can supply UK local phone numbers for any UK town or city. Our UK local phone numbers are not attached to a physical telephone line and are virtual cloud based numbers, meaning you don't have to be physically located in a particular area to benefit from having that areas’ STD code.
Your business may be based in Birmingham, but if you want to offer the same services to people based in Wolverhampton, Telford or even London - then it's as simple as ordering a new local telephone number for that area!
Once you have chosen your new UK local phone number/s, we just need to know where you would like this number to ring. You can forward calls to any destination either in the UK or internationally - in fact you can forward the calls to up to 10 destinations, perfect if you have a team of people that could answer the call.
If you ever need to make changes to the call forwarding set up for your UK local phone number, or want to order more UK local phone numbers then this can be done online at any point with our simple to use online portal.
Add VoIP/SIP users at £1 per month each and make calls outbound displaying your number as the outbound caller ID (CLI). VoIP/SIP users can receive calls free, distribute inbound calls between users and call each other FREE. You can find out more about this VoIP/SIP service here.
Number People don't charge you for your a new local phone number, your 1st number with us will be absolutely free, and if you need to add any more local phone numbers they are charged at just £1 per month.
|UK local phone number costs||Cost|
|Local phone number upfront cost||£0.00|
|Local phone number monthly fee||£0.00|
|Local phone number activation fee||£0.00|
|Unlimited bundle for 01,02,03 & 0843 numbers||£10 per month|
|Unlimited bundle for 0800 number||£20 per month|
|Pay as you go forward to UK landlines||£0.015 (1.5p)|
|Pay as you go forward to UK mobiles||£0.07 (7p)|
|Minimum call charge||£0.01 (1p)|
|Calls rounded up to the nearest penny||£0.01 (1p)|
|Contract duration||0 months|
|Customer services/support (UK based)||24/7/365|
last updated on 10-5-16 10:00 by Alan
- Establish a local presence in any region of the UK, with no physical presence required
- Go UNLIMITED from just £10 per month - covers all of your forwarded calls to standard UK landlines or standard UK mobiles
- Forward calls anywhere - even to international destinations
- Allow customers, friends and family to contact you via a UK rate number even if your forwarding to international destinations
- Add VoIP/SIP users @ £1 per month - receive calls free and make low cost outbound callser
- VoIP/SIP users can call out displaying the new number as the outbound caller ID (CLI)
- FREE Call Whisper Service - Activate Call Whisper and a message will be played to you (not the caller) before the call is connected, this allows you to recognise that the call is from your Number People number.
- Gain trust with local customers – important for services like taxis or tradespeople
- No initial or ongoing cost for our free local telephone numbers
- Top up as and when you need to - no monthly charges
- No contracts or commitments
- Instant number activation
- Target customers who only shop locally
- Create a better service to customers who don't like calling mobiles
- Use local numbers to advertise in the Yellow Pages, Thomson Directories, local newspapers & radio and other 'local' media
- Create call stats showing you how many calls you’re receiving and from where in the UK
- Ensure all calls are instantly answered by routing your calls to the appropriate landline or mobile
- Keep your 01/02 number for life (even if you relocate)
- Built-in disaster recovery – re-route your calls even if your landlines go down
With no hassle or fuss you can quickly activate a telephone number of your choice with no upfront payment
Low call rates
Divert to landlines for 1½ppm. Mobiles for just 7ppm. 0800 numbers cost an additional 7½ppm.
Top up as and when you need to, or opt for your balance to be topped up automatically - it's up to you!
No contract ties, commitments or initial payment required
Make instant changes, view balance, top up and add more numbers via our mobile portal
No initial payment required - test your number for free before you need to top up