Keep your existing number - port to us for FREE!
If you have a number with another provider then port it to us FREE with ZERO monthly rental
We can port numbers in from most UK providers
Just raise a support ticket, selecting the option to port a number in, and we will do the rest
Porting numbers in typically takes around 14 days
Start your FREE trial here
How do you want to receive inbound calls?
You can answer calls on your mobile or landline, VoIP, or both. Just click to select
Forward to a number
Forward to VOIP only
Forward to a number + VOIP
Click your preferred option above
999 Registration details for UK based customers
When using VoIP you need to register your address for 999 services. This information is sent directly to the UK 999 emergency services and used in the case that you dial 999. This information can be edited later via the portal but address registration is mandatory to comply with Ofcom regulations
Set up your customer portal login details:
0800 freephone numbers generate more calls than standard numbers
Whatever your business size, having an 0800 freephone telephone number is a great way to attract new customers and is proven to be an effective marketing tool by encouraging potential customers to call you. Research shows that 0800 freephone numbers generate more calls than advertising standard telephone numbers.
Once you have chosen your 0800 freephone telephone number from Number People, you simply select the destination telephone number where you would like your calls routed to.
Calls to your 0800 phone number can be forwarded to any UK or international destination, or forwarded to one of our VoIP/SIP extensions with no forwarding charges - you can find out more information on our VoIP extensions here.
Our easy to use, mobile optimised web portal means that you can make changes to the call forwarding set up for your 0800 freephone number, view call stats and call records, add new numbers and much more.
Not only are 0800 freephone telephone numbers free to call, but an 0800 number also brings a national ‘big company’ professional look and feel to your business, widening the appeal for your business to the whole of the UK and should help to increase your advertising responses.
Getting an 0800 freephone telephone number is simple and much lower cost than you might think.
There is no initial cost or monthly charge for your 1st number, you simply pay for the incoming leg of the call at 7.5p per min and then the call forwarding charge or add the 0800 Unlimited UK call forwarding bundle to the number which is £20 per month.
You can even make outbound calls using your new Number People number as your outbound caller ID. You can find out more about this outbound calling service here.
|0800 freephone number costs||Cost|
|0800 freephone upfront cost||£0.00|
|0800 freephone monthly fee||£0.00|
|0800 freephone activation fee||£0.00|
|Unlimited bundle for 01,02,03 & 0843 number||£10 per month|
|Unlimited bundle for 0800 number||£20 per month|
|Pay as you go forward to UK landlines||£0.015 (1.5p)|
|Pay as you go forward to UK mobiles||£0.07 (7p)|
|Cost of inbound 0800 Freephone||£0.075 (7.5p)|
|Minimum call charge||£0.01 (1p)|
|Calls rounded up to the nearest penny||£0.01 (1p)|
|Contract duration||0 months|
|Customer services/support (UK based)||24/7/365|
last updated on 5-5-16 11:00 by Alan
- Benefit from more calls
- Instant activation - forward your calls to your existing landline or mobile
- Go UNLIMITED from just £10 per month - covers all of your forwarded calls to standard UK landlines or standard UK mobiles
- Add VoIP/SIP users @ £1 per month - receive calls free and make low cost outbound calls
- VoIP/SIP users can call out displaying the new number as the outbound caller ID (CLI)
- FREE Call Whisper Service - Activate Call Whisper and a message will be played to you (not the caller) before the call is connected, this allows you to recognise that the call is from your Number People number.
- Widen your appeal to the whole of the UK
- Forward calls to any UK or international destination
- Allow customers, friends and family to contact you for free even if your forwarding to international destinations
- Give your company a national presence
- Sound more professional - even if you’re working from home or shared office
- Instant set up
- An 0800 freephone telephone number can serve as your primary phone number, but can also be used as a support or sales line
- Live call stats - monitor your calls live via the online portal
- Update your call forwarding live via the online portal
- Customer services and support via our online chat, customer portal or via telephone
- Add as many 0800 freephone or other telephone numbers to your account as you need
With no hassle or fuss you can quickly activate a telephone number of your choice with no upfront payment
Low call rates
Divert to landlines for 1½ppm. Mobiles for just 7ppm. 0800 numbers cost an additional 7½ppm.
Top up as and when you need to, or opt for your balance to be topped up automatically - it's up to you!
No contract ties, commitments or initial payment required
Make instant changes, view balance, top up and add more numbers via our mobile portal
No initial payment required - test your number for free before you need to top up