Keep your existing number - port to us for FREE!
If you have a number with another provider then port it to us FREE with ZERO monthly rental
We can port numbers in from most UK providers
Just raise a support ticket, selecting the option to port a number in, and we will do the rest
Porting numbers in typically takes around 14 days
Start your FREE trial here
999 Registration details for UK based customers
When using VoIP you need to register your address for 999 services. This information is sent directly to the UK 999 emergency services and used in the case that you dial 999. This information can be edited later via the portal but address registration is mandatory to comply with Ofcom regulations
Set up your customer portal login details:
How do Virtual Phone Numbers work?
Often called virtual cloud numbers, STD area codes or geographic numbers, Number People can supply virtual phone numbers for any UK town or city. Our virtual phone numbers are not attached to a physical telephone line and are cloud based numbers, meaning you don't have to be physically located in a particular area to benefit from using that areas’ STD code.
Your business may be based in Birmingham, but if you want to offer the same services to people based in Wolverhampton, Telford or even London - then it's as simple as ordering a new virtual phone number for that area!
Once you have chosen your new virtual phone number/s, we just need to know where you would like this number to ring. You can forward calls to any UK or international landline or Mobile number - or a combination of both - in fact you can forward the calls to up to 10 destinations, perfect if you have a team of people that could answer the call.
If you ever need to make changes to the call forwarding set up, or want to order more virtual phone numbers then this can be done online at any point with our simple to use online portal.
Number People don't charge you for your new virtual phone number, your 1st number with us will be absolutely free, oh and if you need to add any more numbers, they are just £1 per number per month.
You can even make outbound calls using your new Number People number as your outbound caller ID. This is done by adding a VOIP/SIP extension to the telephone number, this will also mean that you can forward calls into the VOIP/SIP and bypass any call forwarding charges! You can find out more about this outbound calling service here.
- No initial or ongoing cost for our free virtual telephone numbers
- Forward calls anywhere within the UK or internationally
- Go UNLIMITED from just £10 per month - covers all of your forwarded calls to standard UK landlines or standard UK mobiles
- Add VoIP/SIP users @ £1 per month - receive calls free and make low cost outbound calls
- VoIP/SIP users can call out displaying the new number as the outbound caller ID (CLI)
- FREE Call Whisper Service - Activate Call Whisper and a message will be played to you (not the caller) before the call is connected, this allows you to recognise that the call is from your Number People number.
- Allow customers, friends and family to contact you via a UK rate number even if your forwarding to international destinations
- Top up as and when you need to - no monthly charges
- No contracts or commitments
- Instant number activation
- Create a presence in any UK town or city
- Target customers who only shop locally
- Create a community feel to your business
- Create a better service to customers who don't like calling mobiles or international numbers
- Use local numbers to advertise in the Yellow Pages, Thomson Directories, local newspapers & radio and other 'local' media
- Create call stats showing you how many calls you’re receiving and from where in the UK
- Ensure all calls are instantly answered by routing your virtual phone number to the appropriate landline or mobile
- Keep your 01/02 number for life (even if you relocate)
- Built-in disaster recovery – re-route your calls even if your landlines go down
With no hassle or fuss you can quickly activate a telephone number of your choice with no upfront payment
Low call rates
Divert to landlines for 1½ppm. Mobiles for just 7ppm. 0800 numbers cost an additional 7½ppm.
Top up as and when you need to, or opt for your balance to be topped up automatically - it's up to you!
No contract ties, commitments or initial payment required
Make instant changes, view balance, top up and add more numbers via our mobile portal
No initial payment required - test your number for free before you need to top up